Friday, April 22, 2005

My monologue about the Vietnam War

I have not blogged about the Vietnam War at all in this blog. Most of the blog is about Iraq and the Middle East, my most recent dramatic experience. But as the anniversary of the Fall of Saigon, April 30th, comes around, I will blog more about it. I ran across this piece by Viet Pundit on his opinion of anti-war protester and how it has evolved. He further pointed out to a few blogs by formerly anti-war activists who are now reassessing their position. Here is an essay by neo-neocon. It is part of her "A Mind Is A Difficult Thing To Change" series. I was quite moved. This is a very good start.

I too went through a similar evolution. I myself recently participated in another equally controversial war – the Iraq War – and had not completely digested my experience. The one single thing I have learned from my recent experience is that war is difficult to digest and comprehend. And often the participant is so close to the scene that it is difficult to see the big picture.

As far as Vietnam, what is done is done. Nothing can undo the suffering my family, I, and my fellow Vietnamese have endured. But it is still important to present our perspective of the war, a perspective which was and still is neglected and discounted by academe and society as a whole. And slowly, I hope that the Vietnam War will be look upon with a more objective eyes, and a fair and balance version of it will emerge. I also think it is important to approach those of opposite opinion, not with confrontation, but with understanding. It is easier said than done, and I will no doubt occasionally appear confrontational. It is after all a deeply emotional issue for me.

8 Comments:

Blogger VietPundit said...

Looking forward to your thoughts on the Vietnam War. I just mentioned your blog on my blog.

BTW, if you were taking a vote on where to blog (Blogspot or Xanga), I would vote for Blogspot. Is it too much trouble to move all your stuff over?

5:29 PM  
Blogger Pancho said...

Glad to find your site thru VietPundit. Welcome aboard and thanks for your service.

Vietnam Vet
Army
'71-'72

9:26 PM  
Blogger Adi said...

Get the lates information of Electronics Gadgets Tech gadgets Cool Gadgets New Gadgets Best Gadgets Latest Gadgets Cool New Gadgets

2:04 AM  
Blogger Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

8:59 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

If so, there is nowhere else better than here for you. There are a wealth of seafood and delicacies in my palace and you can eat whatever you want without anyone stopping you.

cheap wow gold|Tera gold|Cheap Tera gold|Runescape gold|wow gold

12:00 AM  
Anonymous RS Gold said...

BTW, if yourrrve been having a political election in the best places to web site (Blogspot and also Xanga), I might opt for Blogger. Would it be a lot trouble to move all of your things above?

http://fashoionstyles.com/
http://warcraftever.com/

12:56 AM  
Anonymous muebles en cordoba said...

I found a lot of useful data in this post!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably have the pooch really being captured having most liked dog toys item, even as various other basic shots are classified as the sorts the things which customers prefer decide on fro k-9s which have been revealed.

You know provided by come upon that it must be don't often very easy to just take imagery from most dogs. When dog breeds usually are slack coupled with dog products online docile, others are really quite super and do not stick to details. In the form of lucrative canine become expert, you have to be able to uncover canines from your setting dog collar that their holder would love for getting a picture.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home