Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The lunacy of opposing outsourcing

I have always been a defender of free market and free trade. But being a novice at the subject, I often have difficulty articulating the argument. Not Russell Robert at Cafe Hayek. Here he exposes the madness of anti-globalists' argument.
As for the call center guy in India, you can always tell he's in India by the accent unless he's an immigrant in Nebraska. But then again, are you sure it's OK for someone like myself who lives in Maryland to be served by someone in Nebraska? Would it not be better to keep all the call center jobs in Maryland? Or better yet, Montgomery County, where I live? Or better yet, maybe I should refuse to deal with companies that hire people other than my friends and relatives for call center jobs. That way lies not just madness, but poverty of the direst kind.

2 Comments:

Blogger VietPundit said...

Good article. Being a computer programmer, I would be affected by outsourcing, but I've always believed that competing and being more efficient are better methods than protectionism.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Ashish Hanwadikar said...

See my take on the subject.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home